First conceived in 1986, HKUST had its campus ready for the first class in October 1991.
Today, in less than 25 years, the University has developed itself into a leading international research university.
||13,700 including 4,700 non-local students
|Bai Xian Asian Scholars
|Scholarship places are offered for admission to all research postgraduate programs
Unique Program Offerings
- 2-year Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree program in a wide array of disciplines, involving coursework and supervised research
- Leadership skills training through talks, workshops and a training camp provided by Outward Bound School
- Credit-bearing project or special course that involves a comparative study of Sino-Japanese topics
- Provision of a personal tutor and mentor
- Study either Chinese or Japanese as a foreign language
* Hong Kong University of Science and Technology operates an independent selection process for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program. Please apply for admission and contact the Office of Postgraduate Studies of the university directly to express your interest.
** Click here
to learn about the cost breakdown of the AFLSP Scholarship at our six Anchor Universities.
Office of Postgraduate Studies, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology