Founded in 1898, Peking University was originally known as the Imperial University of Peking. It was the first national university covering comprehensive disciplines in China, and has been a leading institution of higher education in China since its establishment. It also served as the highest administration for education at the beginning of its founding. In 1912, the university adopted its present name.
||43,327 including 3,613 international
|Bai Xian Asian Scholars
|Scholarship places are offered for admission to the Yenching Academy only
Unique Program Offerings
- Scholars will enroll at Yenching Academy, which offers a residential Master program in China Studies
- The majority of Yenching Scholars are recommended by Peking University's partner universities around the globe
- Program highlights include ‘How the World Views China’ – covering politics, economics, law, society, philosophy, history, and arts
- Yenching Scholars sponsored by Bai Xian are committed to understanding complex global challenges from both western and eastern perspectives, closely mentored by leading scholars from around the world; they are also required to conduct a field research project guided by mentors
- Program is taught in English; basic Chinese language courses are offered
* Peking University operates an independent selection process for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program. Please apply for admission and contact Peking University Education Foundation or Yenching Academy.
** Click here
to learn about the cost breakdown of the AFLSP Scholarship at our six Anchor Universities.