Founded in 1882 by Shigenobu Okuma, once prime minister and regarded as the father of Japanese national modernization, Waseda has since grown from a college with 3 departments to a comprehensive university.
||54,000 including 4,900 international
|Bai Xian Asian Scholars
|Scholarship places are offered for admission to undergraduate double degree programs with Waseda University's Partner Universities only
Unique Program Offerings
- Undergraduate "double degrees" with top universities in Asia, including Peking University, Fudan University，Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, National Taiwan University and Korea University
- Students tailor their own study plans with a focus on either political science or economics
- Equip students with skills and knowledge to propose new strategies and solutions for resolving global and Asian issues
- Bai Xian Asian Scholars will team up with local Japanese students to work together on projects, study tours, and summer camps
- Internship opportunities may be available at some of Japan’s most prestigious companies
* Waseda University operates an independent selection process for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program. Please apply for admission and contact the university directly to express your interest.
** Click here
to learn about the cost breakdown of the AFLSP Scholarship at our six Anchor Universities.
Administrative Office, School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University